Tuesday, November 8, 2011

What Better Way To Start?




I've thought about starting a blog for a while now, but it's a funny thing to start.

How do you launch into it? I've never been sure how to start off. But today I'm feeling a bit just-jump-in so that's what I'm doing. There are a couple of things I've realised make me feel good. Making things, and giving. So what better way to start than by posting about the wonderful Softies For Mirabel drive run by the completely fab Pip Lincolne of Meet Me At Mikes. This is the 3rd year I've stitched up a soft toy (or 2) and sent them off to Pip in Melbourne. I like to hope my creations bring a little happy to someone but they bring a lot of happy to me too. To make something myself with love brings me joy. To see the flurry of creativity that gets sent to Softies For Mirabel each year gives me faith that people are good and they care and there is generosity in the world.

This little elephant is my contribution this year. So fun to make. I loved watching his funny, round shape emerge as I sewed him together. I used this fab pattern by Retro Mama.

So if you're feeling crafty and in a giving mood maybe you'll make something cuddly for this great cause too. How about it?

3 comments:

  1. He's very cute. I've been thinking about giving toy-making a go myself (although I'm usually more of a cookies-and-cake girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Me too! I've been getting a bit stitchy these days as well as making cookies and cake. It's quite nice to learn how to do something different :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, I think that is a terrific way to start a blog! Your softie elephant is adorable and I know it will bring a smile to a little's face!

    ReplyDelete