Thursday, February 23, 2012

E is for Eileen

Remember this bag? It has finally reached it's new owner so I can safely reveal the back!
I was so excited to be given Eileen (bluebirdluxe) to sew for in this swap. She's makes gorgeous things and is always quick with sweet and enthusiastic comments on the work of others on Flickr. I adore her work and am so glad to have 'met' her!
Eileen and I have a bit of a mutual admiration thing going and have talked before about a private swap. We share a similar style and taste and I felt a bit like I was sewing for myself with this one!
I pieced an E for Eileen onto the back of her bag using a pattern from my new book- the (sadly) out of print and hard to find Patchwork Patterns 318 by Kumiko Fujita. And of course Eileen needed a bluebird which is part of her logo.
I loved making this for my friend, and I'm very happy to hear she likes it too :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh how precious! :o)
    That little bird is such a sweet touch.

    ReplyDelete