Wednesday, February 8, 2012


It's been a bit of a crazy week at my house. Two kids back to school (one high school, one Kindergarten) one little girl back to preschool. Then there's
been me back to work, getting everyone to swimming, cricket, ballet, guides, birthday parties, piano, playgroup....... I know you all have equally crazy lives, so I'll stop my whinging now!
I can't quite remember when I managed to get these little crafty bits done, but here's what I made! A little teapot block which will become part of my Pippi Longstocking block for Muriel in the Cocorico Bee. I made it using Kerry's great pattern from Fat Quarterly Issue 8. It was my first try piecing with freezer paper and I'm pretty happy with it :)

Remember those hexies on my swap bag? Well, I had to get my seam ripper out and take these three off because they just didn't fit. It seemed a shame to lose them, so I turned them into a little extra for my partner's swap package. It looks like a potholder, but I didn't use any insulbrite, so I'll just call it a mug rug (or a rather large coaster??!!).
And this is on the back! I think I might even like the back better than the front.
Hope you've found a scrap of time to make something this week too :)

3 comments:

  1. your teapot is super cute!! i LOVE the little mug rug too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous tea pot block, well done. Your mug rug is adorable. Do you mind me asking where you get your fabric? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kylie, I love the teapot for Muriel's block. Did you enjoy the freezer paper piecing? It's my favorite! I can't wait to see the rest. And the mug rug / big coaster, too cute. I love the little bird and bunting!!!

    ReplyDelete